Welcome to bundism.net
bundism.net is a transnational network of scholars who have a common interest in the history and ideas of the Jewish Labor Bund. Our website offers resources and information relating to the Bund’s history. We are a community of knowledge exchange with the shared goal of support research on the Bund. Please feel free to browse our site and explore the resources available. You can also join the network as either a tuer (Yiddish for ‘activist’), if your recent work engages directly with the history of the Bund, as a khaver (Yiddish for ‘comrade’ or ‘friend’), if you are not engaged directly in research on the Bund but you are interested in Bundist history and ideas, or as a leyeners (Yiddish for 'reader'), if you are not a researcher but still have an interest in Bundism and the Bund.
- New Books: From Revolution to War: Jewish Politics in Russia, 1907–1914 [in Hebrew]. Jerusalem: Zalman Shazar Center for Jewish History, 2016., The Making of Jewish Revolutionaries in the Pale of Settlement In Palgrave Studies in the History of Social Movements. Palgrave Macmillan UK, 2014.
- New Articles: Wladimir Medems Position zur "Nationalitätenfrage" und zur "jüdischen Frage" im Kontext der Debatten in der internationalen Sozialdemokratie vor 1914." Archiv für die Geschichte des Widerstandes und der Arbeit 20 (2016): 17-67. "
In order to bring together a range of different scholars devoted to our field, bundism.net provides:
- an overview of ongoing research projects
- contact addresses of interested and interesting researchers
- a mailing list for internal exchange
- a constantly growing collection of different resources like a bibliography and steadily updated information